[ThinLinc-technical] migrating from Sunray: need easy login/logout

Samuel Mannehed samuel at cendio.se
Wed Apr 15 10:41:02 CEST 2020

Hi Peter,

> Additionally I'd like for the user to be able, in one action, exit
> from that session back to the tlclient (ie F8+Disconnect_session)

Without changing anything you can disconnect by pressing 'F8' and then
'c'. As you can see in the F8-menu, all items have an underlined
shortcut-letter like that.

If you would rather map a hotkey to a script you can call this command
to disconnect:

 vncconfig -disconnect

> I'm a ThinPro newb so I'm not sure at this point if I can exclude all
> else on the desktop except to exec and display the tlclient GUI but I
> think I can simplify the tlclient options to just user and password
> for the login process.

The ThinLinc Client can lock the server field and hide the options
button if you want, just make sure your tlclient is started with these

 tlclient --lock server --hide options ADDRESS_OF_UBUNTU_SERVER

With regards to not displaying other applications/menus in the ThinPro
OS, I am afraid I'm no expert either.

> My other concern is that the disconnected desktop will be left
> "unlocked". Is there any way an unauthorized user can reconnected to
> it? ATM, because mate-screensaver is running, the desktop gets locked
> but the user has to unlock twice to get to their desktop which is
> undesirable. Is there a thinlinc screensaver that might lock, and
> disconnect from session?

I'd recommend disabling the mate-screensaver and adding a automatic
disconnect after a some idle time. Look at 'MaxIdleTime' here:

https://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/tag/configuration_limiting_lifetime.html

Best regards,
--
Samuel Mannehed         Software Development
Cendio AB               https://cendio.com