[Thinlinc-technical] Unable to remove existing agents from cluster

Kareem Galal kaga at dtu.dk
Thu Dec 18 13:27:01 CET 2014

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your prompt response.

On 18 Dec 2014, at 13:12, Samuel Mannehed <samuel at cendio.se> wrote:

> Hi Kareem,
>
>> After restarting vsmserver and vsmagent on the corresponding nodes,
>> i’m still getting new sessions created on the old thinlinc agent
>> nodes, thinlinc3 and thinlinc4. According to the documentation, these
>> are the only parameters I need to update to configure the ThinLinc
>> server and agent nodes.
>>
>> Can you please advise how to resolve this issue?
>
> I see two possible reasons for this behaviour:
>
> 1. Your test users has one or more open sessions on the agent nodes you
> removed.

You are correct, I do have open sessions on the 2 removed agent nodes. But the whole reason for this exercise is to ensure that no new sessions are created on these 2 agent nodes, while enabling existing sessions to be available to users to reconnect to if required.

Is there a better way to ensure that no new sessions are created on agent nodes, while allowing access to any existing sessions still running on them?