[Thinlinc-technical] nightly builds = no audio for windows callers

Darrel Hankerson hankedr at auburn.edu
Fri Sep 13 15:36:53 CEST 2013

Henrik Andersson writes:

    We did test a nightly build and could not reproduce your problem. I
    also redid the test today with nightly build 4081 (this nights
    build) using Win7 client against our demo server
    (eudemo.thinlinc.com), playing back a youtube clip using firefox and
    audio works as expected.  Could you please try a test against our
    demo system

Fails on most everything I tested with build 4081 against usdemo.  On
systems where I tested (a subset of those below), the 4.1 release works
but has the slow-audio problem.

The audio-volume-button isn't present when things break.  There are long
stalls.  The "partial success" below starts but then fails (locks the
session, possibly until disconnect/reconnect). The audio tested is
"tears_of_steel" present on usdemo (internet access is disabled on guest
accounts).

Here's the results.  Admittedly, some of these systems are old.  The
64-bit example is a new HP.  What is your test OS/hardware that
succeeds?

=== Thinlinc 4.1.0post build 4081 connecting to usdemo.thinlinc.com =====

XP   HP dx5150          partial success
XP   Gateway            fail