[Thinlinc-technical] Session doesn't start on a machine with several network interfaces

Alexandr Malusek alexandr.malusek at liu.se
Thu Sep 12 16:37:57 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've installed ThinLinc 4.1.0 server on 2 machines with openSUSE 12.3
(just a single server installation, no web interface, no cluster).
Everything seems to work fine.

The problem is with a machine (again openSUSE 12.3) that has several
network interfaces. The ThinLinc server installation was done as
before. But sessions don't start. More accurately, they start when the
tlclient runs on the machine running the ThinLinc server, but they
don't start when the tlclient runs a different machine.

I've checked log files but I haven't seen any obvious error. The only
suspicious thing is that the vsmagent uses the IP address of the
internal network. (On the other machines it uses the "Internet" IP
address.)

2013-09-12 15:19:26 INFO vsmagent: VSM Agent version 4.1.0 build 3996 started
2013-09-12 15:19:26 INFO vsmagent: My public hostname is 192.168.1.1

Are there any tips what to do in this case? The machine runs a
firewall (which does NAT), but the tlclient connection times out even
when I stop the firewall.

Regards,
Alexandr