[Thinlinc-technical] TL Client hangup

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Wed Aug 29 08:50:40 CEST 2012

Yes, it could be a problem on the Windows side, for example with the user
profile. Are you using roaming profiles? Check out the Windows Event
Viewer and see if there are any errors.

Another common problem is the Terminal Services Licensing. By default, it
tries to automatically locate a licensing server, which can take time and
fail. It is typically better to enter the DNS name of the license server.

If this doesn't help, it could be a problem with device redirection. For
example, I think I've seen in the past that a non-working sound card can
cause such an effect.

I assume that the "circle" before "Preparing your desktop" still moves?

Regards,
Peter

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Ezio Ostorero wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  A lot of times I'm getting stuck during client initialization, that is I'm
> not able to bypass the "Preparing your desktop ..." stage during startup of a
> Windows application.
>
>  What I see is either of the screens you can see in the attachment, and
> nothing happens any more.
>
>  My feeling is that there is some problem on the Window side of the story,
> some unavailable resource or some kind of traffic gridlock on the Windows
> server that prevents my application to startup correctly. This is not
> systematic, sometimes my applications run in a matter of seconds ... it's
> just unpredictable.
>
>  Is there any way to figure out what the problem is, and try to fix it or do
> some workaround (i.e. killing stuck processes or whatever)?
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>            Ezio
>
> --
> Ezio Ostorero
> BBB SW e Sistemi SRL
> Via Nazionale Moncenisio 1,
> 10050 Villar Focchiardo (TO), Italy
> "Meetings: wasting hours, saving minutes"

---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com
Teknikringen 8		http://twitter.com/ThinLinc