[Thinlinc-technical] Thinlinc x Lotus Notes

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Mon Apr 14 10:11:44 CEST 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 16:05:52 -0300
"Marcos S. Trazzini" <marcos.trazzini at cendio.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 14:35 +0200, Peter Åstrand wrote:
> > > Please,
> > >   I need to know if the  Lotus Notes version 7.0 is compatible
> > > with thinlinc.
> > >
> > >   I have a costumer in Brazil that need run Lotus Note under
> > > Thinlinc.
> >
> > Short answer: yes.
> >
> > Longer answer: Are you planning to run Notes on the Linux
> > (ThinLinc) server itself, or on a Windows Terminal Server? Both
> > solutions should work. I'm aware of at least one ThinLinc
> > installation with Notes on Linux, but in this case, the customer
> > runs Notes 8.
>
> According to IBM's information(1), only Lotus Notes 7.0.2 and beyond
> are officially supported on Linux systems (RedHat and Suse). The
> costumer couldn't say indeed what's the version that is running on his
> environment, and he said just "version 7". BTW I'm going to ask him
> about this.

It seems like we parse IBM's cryptic webpages differently. The link
above points to several different webpages for the different versions
of Lotus Notes:

7.0.3: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=475&uid=swg27010239,
no Linux distributions listed.

8.0: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27009485, two
Linux distributions listed.

8.0.1: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27011237, two
Linux distributions listed.

My conclusion is that 8.0 and later is supported on Linux, not 7.0.2
and beyond.

Regards,
\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Systems Analyst/Developer    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00