[Thinlinc-technical] Thinlinc x Lotus Notes

Marcos S. Trazzini marcos.trazzini at cendio.com
Tue Apr 15 15:28:40 CEST 2008

Hi Erik. My comments below...

(...)
> > According to IBM's information(1), only Lotus Notes 7.0.2 and beyond
> > are officially supported on Linux systems (RedHat and Suse). The
> > costumer couldn't say indeed what's the version that is running on his
> > environment, and he said just "version 7". BTW I'm going to ask him
> > about this.

> It seems like we parse IBM's cryptic webpages differently. The link
> above points to several different webpages for the different versions
> of Lotus Notes:

Really? The same link works for me pretty well. I'm attaching 2 screenshots that show the webpage. On the first one you can see "Linux" on the right pane ("Operationg Systems" box...), and on the second one you can see the supported Linux distributions.

> 7.0.3: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=475&uid=swg27010239,
> no Linux distributions listed.
>
> 8.0: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27009485, two
> Linux distributions listed.
>
> 8.0.1: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27011237, two
> Linux distributions listed.
>
> My conclusion is that 8.0 and later is supported on Linux, not 7.0.2
> and beyond.

Really? This isn't what the web page says.

Rgs.

Marcos Trazzini
Systems Engineer
+55 11 9941-0773
+55 11 2187-0600
marcos.trazzini at cendio.com
Cendio Latin America
Av. Copacabana, 238
4° andar - Alphaville
Barueri - SP - Brazil
http://www.cendio.com/br

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential and intended only for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Any use or disclosure of
the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.