[Thinlinc-technical] Thinlinc x Lotus Notes

Marcos S. Trazzini marcos.trazzini at cendio.com
Fri Apr 11 21:05:52 CEST 2008

Hi all.

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 14:35 +0200, Peter Åstrand wrote:
> > Please,
> >   I need to know if the  Lotus Notes version 7.0 is compatible with thinlinc.
> >
> >   I have a costumer in Brazil that need run Lotus Note under Thinlinc.
>
> Short answer: yes.
>
> Longer answer: Are you planning to run Notes on the Linux (ThinLinc)
> server itself, or on a Windows Terminal Server? Both solutions should
> work. I'm aware of at least one ThinLinc installation with Notes on Linux,
> but in this case, the customer runs Notes 8.

According to IBM's information(1), only Lotus Notes 7.0.2 and beyond are
officially supported on Linux systems (RedHat and Suse). The costumer
couldn't say indeed what's the version that is running on his
environment, and he said just "version 7". BTW I'm going to ask him
about this.

Rgds

Marcos Trazzini
Systems Engineer
+55 11 9941-0773
+55 11 2187-0600
marcos.trazzini at cendio.com
Cendio Latin America
Av. Copacabana, 238
4° andar - Alphaville
Barueri - SP - Brazil
http://www.cendio.com/br

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE

This e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential and intended only for
the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately and delete this e-mail from your system. Any use or disclosure of
the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.