[Thinlinc-technical] Forcing sessions for some users to certain agent hosts

Rob De Langhe rob.de.langhe at twistfare.be
Tue May 5 08:15:07 CEST 2015

  Philippe,

since my users are not related to each other (and not trustworthy collegues
;-) ) I wanted them to fully isolated from each other : I create individual
agents for each and every user, using a standard Ubuntu container as
reference , then cloning and customizing this container into new containers
for each user. Takes about 1 minute to complete.

Home-dirs come from a shared NFS cluster, who has a ZFS filesystem per
user.

The master is configured then with "agentname:username" pairs so redirect
each user to his personal agent host.

Load-balancing users across agents is no longer relevant of course.

And users are found by all servers through a common LDAP service, I
understood that it's only the agent who needs to be able to authenticate
users.

good luck , fella !
Rob