[Thinlinc-technical] automatically unlocking screen saver on session connect?

Carsten Rose carsten.rose at math.uzh.ch
Mon Nov 24 20:59:31 CET 2014

Dear Torsten

we would also appreciate a solution to avoid this double password input.

thinlinc has some possibilities, similar to utaction - but I'm suspect
it requires some work to script it.

Maybe some other already have a solution?

Thanks
Carsten

On 11/19/2014 08:23 AM, Torsten Kasch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when connecting to an existing idle ThinLinc session (Linux desktop), the user
> usually has to enter his password a second time in order to unlock the session's
> automatically started screen saver. Since this gets a little bit annoying after
> some time, I was wondering if there is a way to automatically unlock the screen
> saver when a session is connected successfully. Something equivalent to the
> SunRay's utaction(1) command might be useful implementing what I want but there
> doesn't seem to such a thing...
>
> Am I missing something? How do other site admins deal with this situation?
>
> cheers,
> 	Torsten

Carsten Rose
IT Koordinator / Institut für Mathematik

*****
Universität Zürich
Carsten Rose
Institut für Mathematik, Y27-J40
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich

+41 44 635 58 47 Telefon
+41 44 635 57 05 Telefax

www.math.uzh.ch
carsten.rose at math.uzh.ch

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those
that understand binary .. and those that don't"