[Thinlinc-technical] Newbie question - Agents cannot connect to VSM server

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Fri Apr 11 10:49:59 CEST 2014

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 04:10:04 +0200,
John Ryan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I followed the documentation to set up a small network, but my in the
> status web page of the agents, all I get is:
> Connection error
> Cannot connect to VSM server: Connection refused

The web administration interface should really only be used on the
master machine, so it will get confused if you access it on an agent.

> If I force a connection to one of these servers with
> explicit_agentselection, I get a popup box saying:
> "No Profiles Available
>
> No executable profiles could be found on this system.
> Please contact your system administrator, or check
> http://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/platforms for notes
> relating to your distribution."

Not all desktop environments are included in our default configuration.
You may need to define your own profile, or install one of the
environments that are covered by the default settings.

Information about configuring profiles can be found here:

http://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/tag/configuration_customizing_user_session.html#configuration_config-profiles

It is also available from the web administration.

> On the agents, in vsmagent.hconf I have:
> [/vsmagent]
> secure_mode=0
> master_hostname=bs-apptest02
>
> On the server, in vsmserver.hconf I have
> [/vsmserver]
> terminalservers=localhost bs-admin01 bs-admin02

Nothing obviously wrong there. What is the error you get from the
client when you try to connect?

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com