[Thinlinc-technical] Newbie question - Agents cannot connect to VSM server

John Ryan john.ryan at bsse.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 9 04:10:04 CEST 2014

Hi,

I followed the documentation to set up a small network, but my in the
status web page of the agents, all I get is:
Connection error
Cannot connect to VSM server: Connection refused

If I force a connection to one of these servers with
explicit_agentselection, I get a popup box saying:
"No Profiles Available

No executable profiles could be found on this system.
Please contact your system administrator, or check
http://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/platforms for notes
relating to your distribution."

On the agents, in vsmagent.hconf I have:
[/vsmagent]
secure_mode=0
master_hostname=bs-apptest02

On the server, in vsmserver.hconf I have
[/vsmserver]
terminalservers=localhost bs-admin01 bs-admin02

There are no firewalls between the hosts. I've also tried the above
configurations with FQDNs.
All systems are Linux RedHat 6

I can connect okay to the agent on the same host as the server.

Thanks for any help.
John