[Thinlinc-technical] redirection of usb bluetooth communication

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Mon Mar 11 10:40:33 CET 2013

-----Pierre Ossman <ossman at cendio.se> skrev: -----
Till: Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se>
Från: Pierre Ossman <ossman at cendio.se>
Datum: 2013.03.11 09:43
Kopia: thinlinc-technical at lists.cendio.se
Ärende: Re: [Thinlinc-technical] redirection of usb bluetooth communication

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013 17:17:21 +0100
Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:

>  I think it is a serial device, yes. As I said earlier, it is a device that is developed by Volvo cars, to get the information out of the software/firmware of the car via cable to the device, and further on via bluetooth/usb to the terminal and the windows application.
>  Since my client wants to switch all his desktop environments to thin clients, it would be very nice to be able to offer him this. How do I proceed to confirm this possibility?

You'd have to do the bluetooth setup on the client device first, so
that a serial port is created. Then you configure export of that serial
device in the thinlinc client (under local devices).

Which I suppose means that I can NOT use a real thin client, but need to use a Linux or windows installed box? Though I guess I can use TLCOS?

For the server, have a look at this page:

http://www.cendio.com/resources/docs/tag/serial-redirection.html

We unfortunately don't have automatic redirection of serial ports to
the windows server, so you'll have to do a custom tl-run-rdesktop
command line:

tl-run-rdesktop -r comport:COM1=$TLSESSIONDATA/dev/ttyS0

Note that this is a feature that hasn't seen much use so there might be
issues.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB	 http://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

[bilagan "signature.asc" borttagen av Johan Kragsterman/Capvert]