[Thinlinc-technical] redirection of usb bluetooth communication

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Fri Mar 8 15:45:26 CET 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 19:07:29 +0100
Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a customer that needs redirection of a communication with an external device from thin client to windows server. The device is plugged in with cables in Volvo cars, and communicate via bluetooth/usb to a windows application.
>
> Is it possible to redirect that communication to a windows terminal server, with the application installed, from the thin client?

Generic USB or bluetooth redirection is not supported, no. We try to
focus on redirecting higher layers, as it is easier to provide reliable
functionality there.

If the bluetooth device is exporting a serial port (which is fairly
common for many bluetooth interfaces), then exporting that serial port
is possible through ThinLinc.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com