[ThinLinc-technical] passphrase-protected SSH key on macOS

Philippe Blain levraiphilippeblain at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 19:19:05 CEST 2020

Hi Bernd,

> Le 12 juin 2020 à 07:09, Bernd Dammann <beda at dtu.dk> a écrit :
>
> Hi Philippe,
>
> On 11/06/2020, 19:41 , you wrote:
>>
>>   Hello,
>>
>>   it seems the ThinLinc client (latest version, 4.11) on my Mac (10.11.6 El Capitan) always require > that I enter the passphrase for my passphrase-protected SSH key, whereas using this key from the
>> command line does not require a password because of the integration of the system-installed OpenSSH   > client with the macOS Keychain Access application, which unlocks the key when logging in to my macOS > account.
>>
>>   It would be great if ThinLinc could use this integration to allow passwordless access on macOS.
>>
> As a first test (or workaround), you could try to replace the ssh executable in the ThinLinc client application with the ssh from /usr/bin/ssh.  Would that work?

Thanks for this suggestion. unfortunately it does not work.

I tried copying /usr/bin/ssh to `/Applications/ThinLinc Client.app/Contents/lib/tlclient/`
but after clicking "Connect" I get an error message from ThinLinc:

Couldn't set up  secure tunnel to ThinLinc server.
(Couldn't establish SSH tunnel, SSH terminated.)

Thanks,
Philippe.