[ThinLinc-technical] passphrase-protected SSH key on macOS

Philippe Blain levraiphilippeblain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 19:41:20 CEST 2020

Hello,

it seems the ThinLinc client (latest version, 4.11) on my Mac (10.11.6 El Capitan) always require that I enter the passphrase for my passphrase-protected SSH key, whereas using this key from the command line does not require a password because of the integration of the system-installed OpenSSH client with the macOS Keychain Access application, which unlocks the key when logging in to my macOS account.

It would be great if ThinLinc could use this integration to allow passwordless access on macOS.

Cheers,
Philippe Blain.