[ThinLinc-technical] ThinLinc 4.11.0 on Ubuntu 20.04

Jens Maus j.maus at hzdr.de
Tue Apr 28 18:04:05 CEST 2020

Hi ThinLinc developers and users,

we have just installed Ubuntu 20.04 on one of our test ThinLinc systems and noticed that the ThinLinc installation immediately stopped working. After trying to reinstall ThinLinc server 4.11.0 the installation procedures complain about a missing „python-gtk2“ package and I guess that this might be the reason why the connection process immediately stops when trying to connect to the running vsmserver/agent.

So are there any experiences in getting the latest ThinLinc 4.11.0 running on Ubuntu 20.04? Anybody having a working workaround until Cendio updates their installation packages? Or are there any beta versions we could test/use to get the ThinLinc installation working again?

best regards,
jens
--
Dr. rer. medic. Jens Maus
Research Associate / Wiss. Mitarbeiter

*** Content is authentic only with digital signature  ***