[Thinlinc-technical] Thinlinc vsmserver and vsmagent problem

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Mon Jul 17 14:03:48 CEST 2017

On 17/07/17 13:57, Mate Lampert wrote:
> The output of the command is:
>
> I don't think I have attemped to enable systemd on my system.
>
> The output of the command is, but I think most of that is irrelevant for
> you.
>
> UNIT                         LOAD   ACTIVE SUB     DESCRIPTION
> sys-devic...und-card1.device loaded active plugged GF116 High Definition
> Audio Controller

The fact that you are getting output is concerning, as it shows systemd
being active.

I got a 14.04 machine up and running here, and by installing systemd I
can get it into the same strange state you have things in.

Unfortunately I don't see any easy way of handling this frankenstein of
a system. If you do 'apt remove systemd' then you should get things back
to something sane.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?