[Thinlinc-technical] Thinlinc vsmserver and vsmagent problem

Mate Lampert lampert.mate at wigner.mta.hu
Mon Jul 17 14:10:24 CEST 2017

Dear Pierre,

Thank you very much! By removing the systemd package thinlinc is up and
running again. I don't know why it was installed in the first place, but
since no package was depending on it, I removed it.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Mate

On 2017-07-17 14:03, Pierre Ossman wrote:
> On 17/07/17 13:57, Mate Lampert wrote:
>> The output of the command is:
>>
>> I don't think I have attemped to enable systemd on my system.
>>
>> The output of the command is, but I think most of that is irrelevant
>> for you.
>>
>> UNIT                         LOAD   ACTIVE SUB     DESCRIPTION
>> sys-devic...und-card1.device loaded active plugged GF116 High
>> Definition Audio Controller
>
> The fact that you are getting output is concerning, as it shows
> systemd being active.
>
> I got a 14.04 machine up and running here, and by installing systemd I
> can get it into the same strange state you have things in.
>
> Unfortunately I don't see any easy way of handling this frankenstein
> of a system. If you do 'apt remove systemd' then you should get things
> back to something sane.
>
> Regards

  Mate Lampert
  PhD Candidate
  Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics (RMI)
  Wigner Research Centre for Physics (Wigner RCP)
  Hungarian Academy of Sciences (HAS)
  Association EURATOM/HAS
  Letters: P.O.B. 49, H-1525, Budapest, Hungary
  Fax: (36 1) 3922598
  Phone: (36 1) 3922541
  E-mail: lampert.mate at wigner.mta.hu