[Thinlinc-technical] IGEL IZ1 with 4.3 beta?

Torsten Kasch tk at CeBiTec.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Tue Nov 11 10:07:46 CET 2014

On 11/10/2014 11:18 AM, Peter Astrand wrote:
[...]
> I was under the impression that a Custom Partition was supported regardless of
> which "Feature Set" you have, but I could be wrong. Let's hear that IGEL says.

I just learned from the IGEL presales team that the IZ series indeed does not
support the "custom partition" feature. This fact is actually documented on
IGEL's product feature matrix at

https://www.igel.com/en/products/software/universal-desktop-operating-systems.html

which I seem to have missed for some reason...

Anyway, unless there is enough demand for IGEL to offer a "ThinLinc Edition"
with a bundled client similar to the HDX/RFX/Horizon flavors of the IZ series,
those terminals cannot be used for a ThinLinc environment. You can
download/install/run the ThinLinc client software via the terminal's virtual
"recovery console", though, but this will obviously work only until the next
reboot of the terminal.

cheers,
	Torsten