[Thinlinc-technical] IGEL IZ1 with 4.3 beta?

Peter Astrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon Nov 10 11:18:52 CET 2014

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014, Torsten Kasch wrote:

> The IGEL IZ2 test system I ordered has just arrived, but it seems to lack the
> "custom partition" feature making the terminal useless for us since I cannot
> install the ThinLinc client. :-(
>
> Before I contact IGEL support: May I ask what OS version you are running on the
> IZ series terminal(s) in your lab? Can it be that it's actually an UD variant or
> that you have upgraded the feature set somehow to enable the "custom partition"
> feature?

Oh. In our lab, we have:

* One UD3:
IGEL Universal Desktop LX
Feature Set: Advanced
ID: UD3-720 LX
Version: 4.12.250.01

* One IZ1:
IGEL Zero
Id: IZ1-RFZ
Version: 1.08.310.01

I was under the impression that a Custom Partition was supported
regardless of which "Feature Set" you have, but I could be wrong. Let's
hear that IGEL says.

Regards,
---
Peter Astrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer