[Thinlinc-technical] What is the correct way to retire or reboot a terminal server?

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Fri Sep 27 12:34:18 CEST 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:21:38 +0200
Carsten Rose <carsten.rose at math.uzh.ch> wrote:

> Dear Erik, Pierre
>
> we're also looking _hardly_ for a solution, to prepare hosts for
> maintenance.
>
> @Pierre:
>  > removing host from '/vsmserver/terminalservers (in vsmserver.hconf)' ...
>  > Remaining sessions will still be usable though as long as they
>  > remain in the session database.
> But this time is quite short, correct?

It can be forever. The session is removed then the agent stops
responding, or when it reports back that the session has died. So it
behaves pretty much like an agent that is still in the terminalservers
list.

I forgot to mention that you need to restart the vsmserver service for
it to pick up configuration changes though.

> In the webinterface there are so called 'penalty points' for each host -
> increasing them probably lead to 'no new sessions' - but we found no way
> to alter these penalty points! Is there a way?

No, those are for internal use in the agent selection logic and are not
possible to set directly.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com