[Thinlinc-technical] What is the correct way to retire or reboot a terminal server?

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Fri Sep 27 10:43:35 CEST 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:30:17 +0200
Erik Vasaasen <erik.vasaasen at nr.no> wrote:

> The main question I've got is how we're supposed to take down one of the
> terminal servers (the agents) in the cluster if we need to do
> maintenance, or simply want to do a reboot to activate a new kernel or
> similar. Is there a way to tell the master "don't use this agent for new
> connections, but allow existing users to connect to the agent"?

If you remove the agent from the list in /vsmserver/terminalservers (in
vsmserver.hconf) then the master will not try to start any new sessions
on it. Remaining sessions will still be usable though as long as they
remain in the session database.

> Oh, the only bug I've seen so far is that the web admin interface for
> reordering profiles (profiles/profilelist) doesn't work in Firefox 23,
> work in Chrome 29. (I'm unable to reorder the profiles with Firefox)

This is something that's been fixed in the development version and we
hope to have a stable release out in a couple of months.

Rgds
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com