[Thinlinc-technical] Sunray Replacement

Aaron Sowry aaron at cendio.se
Fri Aug 2 09:09:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Concerning audio problems with flash movies on the HP t610 thin client,
> the issue is that newer releases of the HP-supplied Ubuntu start
> a pulseaudio daemon for the (single) user.  The problem occurs
> on the t5745 and t610 if these newer distributions from HP are used.
>
> Terminating ("pulseaudio -k") before the thinlinc connection is
> a workaround.

Just to clarify, there have been some recent changes in ThinLinc's
PulseAudio implementation to enable "tunneling" of audio via an existing
client-side PulseAudio daemon (if one exists). There are a number of
nice advantages to this, however it seems that upstream PA has paid a
little less attention to the "tunnel" module than the rest of
PulseAudio, at least as far as buffering and latency is concerned.

We've made some improvements in this regard, and the changes can be
found in the nightly builds here:

http://www.cendio.com/downloads/nightly/tl-nightly-clients.zip

The normal disclaimers regarding untested nightly builds still apply,
but it would be interesting to hear if this gives any improvements.

Regards,
--
Aaron Sowry                     | http://cendio.com
Developer / Technical Support   | http://twitter.com/ThinLinc