[Thinlinc-technical] Sunray Replacement

Darrel Hankerson hankedr at auburn.edu
Thu Aug 1 23:31:17 CEST 2013

Olaf Hey writes:

   >> Concerning audio problems with flash movies on the HP t610 thin client,
   >> the issue is that newer releases of the HP-supplied Ubuntu start
   >> a pulseaudio daemon for the (single) user.  The problem occurs
   >> on the t5745 and t610 if these newer distributions from HP are used.
   >>
   >> Terminating ("pulseaudio -k") before the thinlinc connection is
   >> a workaround.

   My way to work around is to disable thinlinc sound system detection,
   whose default is 'auto'

   thinlinc > options > local devices > sound > alsa

I don't get sound with this approach on the HP t5745 and t610 using the
HP-supplied image T6X43202.  Unfortunately, the workaround I suggested
works on the t5745 but not the t610.  For the 610, image T6X41019
works.  These are similar 2.6 kernels, but audio is handled differently.

The older image works with your suggested workaround.  The 610 shows two
audio devices, and the HP mixer shows this slightly differently between
images.  The working image doesn't run pulse and uses "HD Audio
Generic".

--
Darrel Hankerson