[Thinlinc-technical] Printer problem

Karl Mikaelsson derfian at cendio.se
Tue Jun 26 11:40:15 CEST 2012

Forgot to CC mailing list, so re-sending my follow-up..

On 2012-06-20 20:41, Massimiliano Anziutti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have installed thinlinc on a centos 6 server, single server
> installation. Everything is working as expected, but I have a problem
> with print support. Root is the only user that can see printers (for
> example thinlocal). I think the problem is that something is modifying
> /etc/cups/printers.conf and is adding “AllowUser root” setting to
> thinlocal printer definition, so the other users I create cannot access
> the printers and cannot print to local printers as well. Printers are
> not mounted in windows terminal server sessions, but I think that this
> is related to the permission problem. If I change AllowUser setting,
> some script is resetting it to AllowUser root after sessions are started.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you in advance

Hi,

Did you per chance enable the ThinLinc Printer Access Control system?
Check for a script or a link to a script called tl-limit-printers in
your /opt/thinlinc/etc/sessionstartup.d and
/opt/thinlinc/etc/sessionreconnect.d directories and remove them if you
do not want to use the printer access control.

Regards,
Karl
Karl Mikaelsson         derfian at cendio.se
System Developer        +46 (0)13-290863
Cendio AB               http://facebook.com/ThinLinc
http://www.cendio.com/  http://twitter.com/ThinLinc