[Thinlinc-technical] Printer problem

Massimiliano Anziutti massimiliano.anziutti at beantech.it
Wed Jun 20 20:41:06 CEST 2012

Hi,
i have installed thinlinc on a centos 6 server, single server installation. Everything is working as expected, but I have a problem with print support. Root is the only user that can see printers (for example thinlocal). I think the problem is that something is modifying /etc/cups/printers.conf and is adding "AllowUser root" setting to thinlocal printer definition, so the other users I create cannot access the printers and cannot print to local printers as well. Printers are not mounted in windows terminal server sessions, but I think that this is related to the permission problem. If I change AllowUser setting, some script is resetting it to AllowUser root after sessions are started.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance