[Thinlinc-technical] seamlessrdpshell "Access is denied"

Ezio Ostorero ezio at bbbsw.it
Tue Aug 14 11:45:54 CEST 2012

   OUCH !!!

   I eventually read the "fine prints" :-) here
http://www.cendio.com/seamlessrdp/

"       Please note that under Windows Server 2008, both
         seamlessrdpshell.exe and the program on its command line must be
         published Terminal Services applications.  Also,
seamlessrdpshell.exe
         must have command line parameters enabled.  This is accomplished
         through the Windows Server 2008 "TS RemoteApp Manager's" "Add
         RemoteAppProgram" dialog (remoteprograms.msc)."

   As a Windows poor-user that's quite hard for me, I'm guessing what to
do next.

   What should I do for seamlessrdpshell to become a "published Terminal
Server application"? Should I go through a process like this one?
http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Installing_Applications_for_Windows_Server_2008_Terminal_Services#Installing_Terminal_Server_Applications_using_Control_Panel

   Ciao,

             Ezio

--