[ThinLinc-technical] Installing on RHEL/CentOS 8

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan.buzzard at strath.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 21:28:43 CEST 2020

On 30/09/2020 13:37, Vinicio Zanchettin - Vale TI wrote:
> Hello, I had same problem on this scenario.
>
> I found this about the problem, but does not work!
>
> https://centos.pkgs.org/8/epel-x86_64/python2-ldap3-2.6.1-1.el8.noarch.rpm.html
>
> If I solve this problem, I ll reply here, have a nice day!

The solution is I think to build the python2-pyasn1 module yourself. I
used the SRPM from CentOS 7, but I had to patch the .spec file to get it
to build.

However using Python 2.x in some nine months after all support stopped,
and years after notice it was going to stop is frankly copmletely
unacceptable for a commercial product.

JAB.

HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.