[Thinlinc-technical] unplug power from client-laptop breaks display-size of agent-windowmanager

Rob De Langhe rob.de.langhe at twistfare.be
Fri Oct 9 14:54:15 CEST 2015

hi,
running the TL-client version 4.3.0 on a laptop with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
'Trusty', I connect to the server (agent) running TL-agent 4.4.0 on Ubuntu
14.04 LTS 'Trusty'.

The window-manager of the agent covers correctly my entire laptop screen.

When I unplug the power-cord from the client-laptop, the TL-session blinks
and then re-appears within a second but nowt  covering an area larger than
my physical laptop screen.

When I move the cursor to the edge of the screen, the window-manager
display is scrolling left/down/up/right indicating indeed that it thinks
the physical screen is much bigger.

Re-plugging the power-cord does not fix this situation, the window-manager
remains working on an area that is larger than my physical laptop screen.
I disconnect from the TL-session (no logout, the TL-session keeps running
on the agent), then re-connect, and now the window-manager on the agent has
re-adjusted its working area to correspond again exactly with my
laptop-screen.

=> any know bug ?

cheers,
Rob