[Thinlinc-technical] Migrate configuration during ThinLinc upgrade

Peter Astrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon Dec 14 12:25:09 CET 2015

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Pierre Ossman wrote:

> Good overview, but I also wanted to add that the methods differ with
> regards to deleted options as well. I.e. if you've removed some of the
> configuration, like one of the default profiles, then 1) and 3) will
> restore those again.

Correct. However, for profiles, this will not affect the end user, since
profiles will only be used if they are listed in "/profiles/order".

In a similar fashion, if you delete one of the default Application Groups
or Menus from the desktop customizer these will be restored, but will not
reach end users unless you activate them.

Br,
---
Peter Astrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		https://cendio.com