[Thinlinc-technical] Low Cost Android Thin Client.

Jens Maus j.maus at hzdr.de
Thu Aug 21 10:29:06 CEST 2014

Am 21.08.2014 um 00:39 schrieb Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu>:

> I seem to recall that thinlinc now as some preliminary Android/Arm support. What is the lowest cost Android thin client known to work with it?
>
> We run Sunrays now and are waiting for a really low cost Android replacement to migrate.

No need to wait. We also switched all our 120 SunRays about a year ago to using „intel NUC“ driven systems together with „thinstation“ and „ThinLinc“. This (in our environment) was the perfect replacement for the SunRays. And now that there are even fanless and very cheap versions of the intel NUC platform (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-de3815tykhe.html) I can really warmly suggest these devices to anyone wanting to switch from SunRays to ThinLinc&co.

best regards,
jens
--
Dr. Jens Maus
Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf

Board of Directors:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Roland Sauerbrey,
Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Peter Joehnk,
VR 1693 beim Amtsgericht Dresden

(Please note a real name change effective since 5.9.2013.
Former name: Jens Langner)

*** Content is authentic only with digital signature  ***