[Thinlinc-technical] HA++

Peter Astrand astrand at cendio.se
Wed Apr 23 08:26:40 CEST 2014

In general, we recommend that all machines of a cluster (both VSM Servers
and VSM Agents) are located on the same network segment. Running VSM
Server in a DMZ and the Agents on another network does not really give any
advantages. Any particular reason why you want to do that?

Also, splitting the cluster across the Internet is not either recommended.
The communication protocols used inside a ThinLinc cluster are designed
for a local network segment.

Can you tell us what you are trying to achieve? Perhaps you are looking
for some kind of "meta cluster" or "cluster of cluster" functionality?

Best regards,
Peter