[Thinlinc-technical] What is the correct way to retire or reboot a terminal server?

Erik Vasaasen erik.vasaasen at nr.no
Tue Sep 24 14:30:17 CEST 2013

I've been testing ThinLinc 4.1.0 quite a bit, and it seems to work
really well for our use. The configuration we're looking at right now
will have 3+ agents (Ubuntu based) and one (maybe two with HA) master.

The main question I've got is how we're supposed to take down one of the
terminal servers (the agents) in the cluster if we need to do
maintenance, or simply want to do a reboot to activate a new kernel or
similar. Is there a way to tell the master "don't use this agent for new
connections, but allow existing users to connect to the agent"?

The users can have jobs which runs for weeks, so we can't simply ask the
current users of an agent to "log off for a while".

This might be mentioned in the documentation somewhere, but I've not
been able to find it.

Oh, the only bug I've seen so far is that the web admin interface for
reordering profiles (profiles/profilelist) doesn't work in Firefox 23,
work in Chrome 29. (I'm unable to reorder the profiles with Firefox)

Erik