[Thinlinc-technical] Ang: thinlinc on openindiana x86?

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Thu Oct 10 09:17:16 CEST 2013

Hi!

Been asking for that as well, I'd be EXTREMELY interested in that! Though I believe it was Peter Å that told me they only have plans for the Sparc architecture.

Hopefully they reconsider, since I believe the Illumos market is growing, especially(or perhaps only) on server side.

 For me it would be perfect to have a TL server in a zone om omnios, that forward the session to a desktop environment on another server or to a VM desktop.

Peter, has anyone tried to spin an Illumos x86 version?

An alternative would of coarse be OpenSXCE: http://opensxce.blogspot.se/  http://opensxce.ourdistro.org/sv .

I guess it is compatible...? But it of coarse demand presence of Sparc H/W.

Rgrds Johan