[Thinlinc-technical] How to control which Profiles are visible to users when they login

Rob Evans rob.evans at originvs.com
Sun Oct 27 19:24:36 CET 2013

Greatings all,

A quick questions for you all that I'm struggling with!

I have several RDP servers sitting behind ThinLinc 4 as a new rollout to a customer (Johan I still need to contact you to purchase the licenses we discused! :)) They are all part of a domain including the Thinlinc box. I can resolve domain users and login as any domain user via Thinlinc.

All of the servers work great, perfromance is excellent we are almost ready to go live in a week or two.

My problem is that I go into Desktop Customizer>Application Groups and then create a new one for example "Managers" using a domain users account/s and then I add the profiles that I want to allow access to e.g. Virtual Desktop 1

However no matter how many groups I create with different users and profiles every users is presented with a full list of the available profiles...

I have checked that no other profiles exsist with everyones details.

Put  simply is this not an availale feature or am I doing something wrong here?? I have restarted the VSM Master & Agents after I have saved changes but to no effect.

I would grealty appreciate any help or pointers on this??

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Rob