[Thinlinc-technical] Python errors on ubuntu 12.10

Aaron Sowry aaron at cendio.se
Thu Aug 22 15:21:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've manually accepted your post to the mailing list, however if you
would like your posts to go through automatically then please subscribe
first.

> # hivetool -Ra /
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/hivetool", line 186, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/hivetool", line 172, in main
>     folder = hive.lookup(foldername)
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lookup'
>
> but tlconfig -Ra / does work however…

Hivetool is the generic tool for manipulating hiveconf configurations
(hiveconf is the configuration mechanism used by ThinLinc). tl-config is
a "wrapper" for hivetool, but with the ThinLinc config file location
already specified for you. In general, you should use tl-config for
setting/reading ThinLinc configuration.

> # /opt/thinlinc/bin/tl-session-param /client_ip
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/tl-session-param", line 149, in <module>
>     I111IiIi ( )
>   File "/opt/thinlinc/bin/tl-session-param", line 105, in I111IiIi
>     IiIiIi = get_public_sessioninfo ( IiII1IiiIiI1 )
>   File "/opt/thinlinc/modules/thinlinc/ctccommon.py", line 127, in get_public_sessioninfo
>     display = int ( display . split ( "." ) [ 0 ] [ 1 : ] )
> ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'ocalhost:10'

I guess this is due to tl-session-param being run outside of a ThinLinc
session - try running it from within the session instead.

Regards,
--
Aaron Sowry                     | http://cendio.com
Developer / Technical Support   | http://twitter.com/ThinLinc