[Thinlinc-technical] Can't start seamlessRDP application?

Henrik Andersson henrik.andersson at cendio.com
Fri Aug 16 10:00:16 CEST 2013

On 08/14/2013 12:24 AM, Nicolas Pais wrote:
> For rdesktop verions ? 1.7.1 use:
> rdesktop -A -s "%ProgramFiles%\ThinLinc\WTSTools\seamlessrdpshell.exe
> notepad""
>
> When I try to do that though, I even tried the full path (without
> %ProgramFiles%) and even other locations, and I get the following
> error message: Seamless RDP Shell  should be started without any
> arguments.
>
> Looking at the source code, I see these lines:
>
> if (strlen(cmdline) != 0) {
>         messageW
>             (L"Seamless RDP Shell should be started without any
> arguments.");
>         return -1;
>     }

Hi Nicolas,

Yes someone (me) have goofed up. Thanks for spotting this
incompatibility. There were alot of changes to rdesktop and SeamlessRDP
for the new feature of connection sharing. The intentions were to be
back compitable with earlier versions of rdesktop but during the time of
development that obviously changed and breaking this compatibility. I
will update www.rdesktop.org with correct information around this subject.

If you want to use SeamlessRDP binaries from our servercd you need
rdesktop v1.8.0 for it to work.

Regards,

Henrik Andersson

--