[Thinlinc-technical] sshd error msg

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Tue Jan 18 12:54:48 CET 2011

No need to apologize; discussions about ThinLinc is exactly what this list
is used for. It's just that it hasn't been very active, and now when the
activity is increasing, a small number of people thinks something is
wrong. But it's not. So please continue to use this list for technical
discussions.

More comments below:

> Thanks a lot for your testing and verification of the issue, Peter!
>
> It's true that sound is not working while using the thinlinc client.
>
> The ssh client seems to use a whole stack (read: 6) of redirects on the remote
> server:

Yes, this is correct.

>> This is probably normal behaviour.
>
> "Sound" and "normal" don't go well together recently on Ubuntu, I have to admin :-(

:-)

>> If you don't need sound, you can also just clear the Sound checkbox in the
>> client GUI. That should get rid of these messages.
>

> It did, thanks a lot for that, Peter! Who doesn't want to have a happy UNIX
> system under his shell?
> Sound works in general on the client machine and pulse-audio is running on both,
> client and server.

Very good.

> Well, as mentioned, I've only started looking thinlinc and sound would certainly
> be a "nice to have" for me and a "must have" for potential  customers, if they
> were to migrate completely to thinlinc. This was the first problem I noticed
> while test driving it. I'd still have to read up a bit more in the manual and
> check out some of the other thinlinc features.
>
> All the best, Peter, thanks again for the quick help and keep up the good work!
>
> I'd like to be able to introduce thinlinc here in Australia in the future.

Thanks. We are looking forward to customers in Australia.

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio AB		http://www.cendio.com