[Thinlinc-technical] Connection error from Mac OSx 10.5.2

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Mon Mar 31 09:45:21 CEST 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Błażej Pawlak wrote:

> >> When trying to connect to my thinlinc server (running solaris 10) from my
> >> Macbook, running 10.5.2 I get the following error:
> >>
> >> "Couldn't set up secure tunnel to VNC!
>
> >> (Couldn't establish SSH tunnel, SSH terminated"
>
> Hi,
>
> This one will solve your problem >>
> http://www.nabble.com/ssh%3A-percent_expand%3A-NULL-replacement-to13439207.html

This is correct. The SSH client shipped with the ThinLinc client, however,
contains a few extra patches to make it possible for the GUI to control
the connection. This means that it's not possible to simply replace the
SSH binary with a standard one.

We have now released a "hotfix" that should fix this problem. It's
available from http://www.cendio.com/files/thinlinc/updates/b2729/.

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer