[Thinlinc-technical] Fwd: help on ThinLinc

Peter Åstrand astrand at cendio.se
Fri Mar 28 16:36:10 CET 2008

>  I tried several versions, including 1.5, 1.6 and 2.0.0. The same error
> occurs.
> After I installed it and click the exe file, the error message jumped out.
> I run it on my own laptop, it only have one user.
>
> I wonder if Thinlinc is supported in Chinese Windows XP? My XP is with SP2.

We have now tested the client on a multilange Windows 2003, with the
Chinese language pack installed, and it seems to run fine. Perhaps a
multilanguage OS is difficult from a native Chinese version, though.

We are using the FLTK toolkit for the GUI, which lacks proper support for
Chinese. Perhaps this is the cause of your problems. On
http://www.cendio.com/~astrand/tmp/hello.exe you can find a compiled
version of the FLTK hello world program. If this one crashes as well, FLTK
is the problem.

Best regards,
---
Peter Åstrand		ThinLinc Chief Developer