[ThinLinc-technical] ThinLinc 4.12.1 Beta

Stefan Posse sposse at unm.edu
Wed Mar 3 03:41:35 CET 2021

Hello Pierre,

I need help to diagnose a color display issue that I witnessed during the past days. I am using Thinlinc to login into a Ubuntu 16.04 Workstation using an Xfce desktop profile (the default Ubuntu desktop causes a crash of Thinlinc).

On that workstation I am running an application that has several submenues with color maps that are overlaid on gray scale images. I switched between submenues and noticed that several submenues showed gray scale images without the color overlay, which was reproducible. It turns out that this lack of color overlays on some of the submenues is apparently load dependent and more pronounced when other applications (e.g. MATLAB) are running.

However, when I sat in front of the workstation and ran the same application, the color maps were overlaid on the gray scale images for all the submenues, as expected.

Could you please suggest a strategy to resolve this issue? Perhaps use a different desktop profile?

Thanks,

Stefan

Stefan Posse, Ph.D.

Professor
Department of Neurology
University of New Mexico School of Medicine
MSC 10 5620
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131

Tel: 505-925-6087, Fax: 505-272-6692