[ThinLinc-technical] systemd unit file bugs

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Tue Jun 29 12:58:36 CEST 2021

On 25/06/2021 09:22, Doczkal, Thomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 4.12.1 has bugs that prevent using kerberos as Login method.
>
> Issue: [issue29057] Appcrash - ssh.exe stopped working
>
> When do you expect to release a new version with this fixed?

I'm hoping in a few weeks. We are finishing up the last parts now and I
hope they won't give us any trouble.

> Otherwise you just change one bug with another. For us kerberos (during runtime) is more bugging then the failed startup. Once the service is up and running 4.12.0 is stable.

Fortunately the Kerberos issue is entirely in the client, and the
systemd unit issues are entirely on the server. So using the 4.12.0
client with a 4.12.1 server will avoid all of the problems.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?