[ThinLinc-technical] Keep dual screens even if a client only has one monitor

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Tue Oct 13 07:33:03 CEST 2020

On 05/10/2020 20:59, Erik Riedel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if someone has a solution for my dual screen config issue.
>
> I have thinlinc clients with two monitors and some with only one
> monitor. If I open a new session on a client with 2 monitors I can use
> this dual head session on other clients with 2 monitors flawlessly.
> However, if I transfer the session to a client with only one monitor the
> dual head session collapses to single screen merging both screens into
> one. This is not the behavior I am looking for. I'd rather have the both
> screens kept in place on one monitor and scroll or switch between them
> via mouse. (I guess I am looking for the same behavior SunRayServer had
> when you moved from a multi-head SunRay to a single-head SunRay.)
>
> Was anyone able to achieve this?

If you disable the client setting "Resize remote session to the local
window" then the client will not reconfigure your session when you
reconnect, and you should be able to get what you want.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB		http://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?