[ThinLinc-technical] ThinLinc Server on Linux on Power (ppc64le) platform

Priya Seth sethp at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 6 11:34:13 CEST 2020

Hi All,

I am an open source developer working on porting open source applications
to the Linux on Power (ppc64le) platform, a newbie to ThinLinc and
currently looking at understanding the state of availability of the
ThinLinc server on the ppc64le platform and the feasibility of porting it,
if needed.

To that end, I had a couple of questions,

1- is ppc64le a supported platform currently or has any work been done in
the past to support it?

2- I see that the server installer and source code are available for
download from https://www.cendio.com/thinlinc/download/registration - does
this include all the source files? are these hosted in an external GitHub
or any other source control repository? are all the components open source?

3- probably related to the above, does the community accept external code
contributions (like those for adding support for a new architecture) and if
so what is the license / other terms under which these contributions are
accepted? Is there a CLA?

Basically, trying to understand what would be the best place to get started
if I wanted to port this? Any pointers here would be of great help.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Priya