[Thinlinc-technical] Mixed Linux Server Agents

Karlyn Fielding karlyn.fielding at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 01:30:02 CET 2018

Hi,

I'm new to Thinlinc.   I have setup a new Thinlinc master/agent server on
Ubuntu 16.04 as per the instructions on the website.   That initial
configuration works, providing a Unity option upon login using the client.
 I was able to successfully add a Windows Terminal Server Agent host, and
now see the option to connect to a Windows session or Unity, as I would
expect.

I installed the Server Agent software on a Centos 7 host, hoping to add a
Gnome option to the login screen.   I added the new agent to the
configuration much in the same way as I did the Windows Agent.

On the Master Server, I have added the IP address in the vsmserver.hconf
file using the "terminalservers= <Space delimited IPs here>"   I have 3
total terminal server IPs ( master/agent host, windows agent, and centos 7
agent ).

On the Centos Agent host, I have the IP of the Master server listed in the
"master_hostname= <IP here>" configuration item.

If I restart the agent on the Centos 7 machine, the presented list of
desktops available when logging into the master server with the client does
show the "Gnome Desktop" and "Gnome Classic Desktop".   However, Unity and
Windows are no longer listed as options.  When I log out of the Gnome
Desktop agent host, upon next login to the client using the master server,
the Unity and Windows options return ( and the Gnome options are gone again
).

Restarting the agent on the Centos 7 machine does not always make the Gnome
options return.

Is there any way I can get all 4 desktop options appear as choices from the
3 different agent hosts ( that are all serving different desktop profiles
)?   It feels like I'm missing something simple.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Karlyn