[Thinlinc-technical] tlclient on Debian Buster

Karl Mikaelsson derfian at cendio.se
Tue Nov 20 10:35:19 CET 2018

Carsten Rose <carsten.rose at math.uzh.ch> writes:
> Dear all
>
> we have a problem with the thinlinc client (4.7-4.9, nightly) on
> debian buster. If we start tlcient (as non privileged user), we can
> connect to vsmserver host successfully (credentials are accepted), but
> the following redirection to the vsmagent host becomes stale
> (connection hangs, it seems there is no timeout).
>
> If we start tlclient as root, the redirecting to vsmagent behaves as
> usual and connecting to a thinlinc session (with regular user
> credentials) is ok.
>
> So it seems that there are privilege issues (on the client side) for a
> regular user on debian buster - but we found no indications on the log
> files.
>
> Any hints or suggestions welcome.

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the report. We recently got a very similar report where the
ThinLinc Client hangs during connection on debian buster. I'm working on
getting a virtual machine installed for testing right now. I'll report
back to the list once I've made some progress.

--
regards,

Karl Mikaelsson     derfian at cendio.se
System Developer    +46 (0)13-290863