[Thinlinc-technical] Linux-mint 18.3 black screen

Bernd Dammann beda at dtu.dk
Sat Feb 17 10:12:27 CET 2018

On 16/02/18 14:08 , "Thinlinc-technical on behalf of Matthew Pease" <thinlinc-technical-bounces at lists.cendio.se<mailto:thinlinc-technical-bounces at lists.cendio.se> on behalf of firedragon at gmail.com<mailto:firedragon at gmail.com>> wrote:

Having an issue with a Linux mint 18.3 machine that worked fine for the first test session after installing the Thinlinc server bundle but all connections since have just resulted in a Blank black screen.

the VNC connection looks to be established as far as I can tell and the f8 menu displays but there is no video coming from the machine running the agent.

We see this often, if a user runs of of quota.  Then ThinLinc cannot create some of the “files” needed for a successful connection.  There might be other reasons than “out of quota” that can prevent opening of files, e.g. limits on open files, etc.  Maybe this can give you some hints …

Regards,
Bernd

--
# Bernd Dammann           <beda at dtu.dk>  | "Why stop now,
# DTU Compute                            |       just when I am hating it?”