[Thinlinc-technical] mouse stops working in thinlinc session

Darrel Hankerson hankedr at auburn.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:05:14 CEST 2017

Nathaniel Taylor <nthlink at ntmm.org> writes:

   mouse has stopped having any effect...using the default Gnome desktop

We had similar with gnome-classic, thinlinc-4.5, and Debian 8
("jessie"), although keyboard was also lost.  We could recover via
"pkill -HUP gnome-shell", but did not find a way to automatically detect
the breakage.

Cendio support (Sep 2016) did not have other reports, but noted that
gnome and unity were resource hungry and "not optimal for ThinLinc".
We switched to xfce and have not had such incidents since.  --darrel