[Thinlinc-technical] Clipboard (copy/paste) issues

Pierre Ossman ossman at cendio.se
Thu Feb 2 09:39:35 CET 2017

On 01/02/17 19:28, Jerome, Ronald wrote:
> Hi I've noticed an issue with the Windows version of the ThinLinc
> client.  The client seems to highjack the clipboard such that when
> the client is running, no other Windows applications can do any
> copy/paste actions.  I've witnessed this with client versions 4.6 and
> 4.7 (tested on multiple Windows 7 machines).
>
> Has anyone else seen this and are there any known solutions?

We've had some reports about this both for ThinLinc and upstream
TigerVNC. The issue has often been some application in the session that
is stealing the clipboard, and as a result so does the ThinLinc client
locally.

Try seeing if it happens with an extremely basic session, e.g. just an
xterm and no desktop environment.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman           Software Development
Cendio AB               https://cendio.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?